[MPlayer-users] ifo viewer for GNU/Linux?

Peter White peter.white at posteo.net
Sat Aug 29 20:35:00 CEST 2015

On 08/28/15 05:32, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> Greetings mplayer-users!
>
> I'm attempting to rip a DVD, which works great - thanks mplayer -dumpstream!
>
> However, I don't know the (english) subtitle stream to rip due to the
> subtitles being in a separate stream and not burned into the video.
>
> Is anyone familiar with an IFO viewer that can list the video, audio,
> and subtitle streams when selecting various menu options from a DVD
> main menu?

Not exactly what you asked for but have you tried -identify? I seem to
remember, that it would also list available subtitle IDs (corresponding
to the -sid option) as well as languages (corresponding to -slang).
I might be wrong but I don't have a DVD handy to check myself.

Or you could just use -slang en.