[MPlayer-users] how to play all titles in a dvd://, ie, mplayer dvd://x

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 02:04:26 CET 2015

    On Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:49 PM, Alexander Strasser <eclipse7 at gmx.net> wrote:

 Hi Antonio!

On 2015-12-06 23:24 +0000, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> I am having a little problem, I have some dvds which have menus and while I can see the menu with dvdnav://  I would like to be able to play all of them since I cannot click on menu to play one at a time.  Is there a way to script it to play
>
> mplayer dvd://1, then mplayer dvd://2; till we finish all titles in a dvd mplayer dvd://last where last is the last title in the dvd?
>
> I found out command to get # of titles in dvd:
>
>  mplayer dvd:// -identify -frames 0
> from
>

> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2005-December/057116.html

  If I didn't misunderstand your question the answer is:

  Playing multiple titles in order with one mplayer invocation is
  supported and documented at least at the top of the man page.

  E.g. you can use

  mplayer dvd://2-9

  You could also specify something like dvd://1-50 and mplayer will
report it could not open the excess titles.

  Does it work for you?

  Alexander