[MPlayer-users] VDPAU missing out on AMD

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at mikusj.com
Sat Dec 12 18:57:34 CET 2015

On 12/11/2015 02:07 PM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Please provide vdpauinfo and mplayer -v your-options example-video output.

For Dominik:  http://pastebin.com/qbfg0ZU8

I note that the additional output from '-v' mainly describes how the
__particular__ video file was processed.  I have many video files --
what you see here is the output from an arbitrarily chosen one.

mikus

p.s.  My reason for using 'kino' is to save human effort in typing.
Rather than each time typing one long command line, I preserve the
required command syntax within a "batch file" named 'kino'.  Then I can
use 'kino' to invoke MPlayer - and avoid potential typing fingerchecks.

pps.  Peter - I am posting to describe what I saw (and NOT to ask: "How
do I play such-and-such file?").  Even though I do not have HEVC
hardware, if I put in '-vo vdpau' and '-vc ffhevcvdpau,' and specify an
hevc video -- MPlayer gives me an error message I did not expect.  It is
this behavior by MPlayer (and NOT whether putting in 'ffhevcvdpau' is in
my case useless) that is the subject of this thread.