[MPlayer-users] Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so

Emanuel Berg embe8573 at student.uu.se
Mon Jul 20 00:53:11 CEST 2015

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> writes:

>> Invocation:
>>
>>     VDPAU_DRIVER=va_gl (or '-vo gl')
>
> VDPAU (va_gl) and -vo gl are completely different
> things, they do different things, they are used for
> different things and they mostly use different
> code paths.

Indeed, '-vo gl' does not give the error message!
And it doesn't crash when I switch to/from X!

Thank you! Let's hope that is it.

The strange thing is I never needed it before. Why all
media players suddenly started to think I used
something else isn't anything I'll examine, tho.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573