[MPlayer-users] a/v sync issue while playing separate video and audio webm files

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Jun 10 23:26:43 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 11:23:08PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 01:42:21PM +0200, Rasz wrote:
> > On 6/5/15, Rasz <citizenr at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > actually streaming has nothing to do with it, same effect while
> > playing local files (same as in post above, but downloaded to disk):
> > D:\_learning>C:\Users\bofh\AppData\Roaming\smplayer\mplayer\mplayer
> > "The Witcher 3 Gameplay Walkthrough Part 25 [1080p HD] Witcher 3 Wild
> > Hunt - No Commentary-M3IgHiWq5x4.webm1" -audiofile "The Witcher 3
> > Gameplay Walkthrough Part 25 [1080p HD] Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - No
> > Commentary-M3IgHiWq5x4.webm" -mc 10
> >
> > There are two  problems:
> > 1 after seeking mplayer knows perfectly well where in the audio and
> > where in the video file it is (A:  71.0 V:  64.0 A-V:  7.013), despite
> > that it doesnt bother doing anything about it and simply starts
> > playing at mismatched indexes
> > 2 mplayer corrects maybe ~100ms of desync per second instead of
> > snapping into place
>
> Well, "snapping" isn't really possible for various reasons (decode
> speed, MPlayer design issues, ...).
> But the -mc option specifies the maximum allowed adjustment,
> so just try increasing that significantly for this use-case.

Sorry, missed you are already using that.
As audio is ahead, that means that your compute is probably
too slow for it to catch up any faster.
You can adjust the speed to make audio go slower as a work-around.
Also disabling vsync can help.
That -framedrop shows no progress is expected, it will drop
frames until video caught up (unless I misread the issue
you reported with that).