[MPlayer-users] Request: name change of command line switch

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Wed Jun 24 11:29:54 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-24 10:54, Thoralf Dassler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if the following command line switch can be changed:
>
> -xineramascreen --> -xs (or maybe just add -xs, so there's two
> switches doing the same thing?)
>
> The change would be very helpful for users with a multihead
> environment; = much less typing.

Just a FYI if it is decided not to do it, or untill they do, there are
temporary solutions for you.
1) If you use it all the time, use an alias. Even if you don't use it
all the time an almias can come in handy
e.g. mplayerxs could be an alias for 'mplayer -xineramascreen'
2) Write a script that turns the -xs option into -xineramascreen

What I do with most often used commands is to write them into either an
alias or a script. You could do e.g. mpx for 'mplayer -xineramascreen
-one option -anotheroption -option three ...'

That way 'mpx file.avi' will start the file with all the parameters.

If you want toi do different things and check some things, a script
might be a better option.

--
houghi