[MPlayer-users] Request: name change of command line switch

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Jun 29 22:26:46 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 09:54:56AM +0100, Thoralf Dassler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if the following command line switch can be changed:
>
> -xineramascreen --> -xs (or maybe just add -xs, so there's two switches
> doing the same thing?)
>
> The change would be very helpful for users with a multihead environment; =
> much less typing.

I do not exactly like the proposed option.
It is not very clear to anyone who doesn't already know it,
and it still references the misleading "xinerama" part while
the option also works on e.g. Windows.
I'd be in favour of -screen or possibly shortened to -scr,
in case you think these are sufficiently shorter...