[MPlayer-users] ifo viewer for GNU/Linux?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Sep 6 20:00:55 CEST 2015

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 08:35:00PM +0200, Peter White wrote:
> On 08/28/15 05:32, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> >Greetings mplayer-users!
> >
> >I'm attempting to rip a DVD, which works great - thanks mplayer -dumpstream!
> >
> >However, I don't know the (english) subtitle stream to rip due to the
> >subtitles being in a separate stream and not burned into the video.

Not sure if you are talking about another step, but -dumpstream contains
all streams, in particular all audio and subtitle streams, and
you should be able to step through them during playback as usual.

> >Is anyone familiar with an IFO viewer that can list the video, audio,
> >and subtitle streams when selecting various menu options from a DVD
> >main menu?
>
> Not exactly what you asked for but have you tried -identify? I seem to
> remember, that it would also list available subtitle IDs (corresponding
> to the -sid option) as well as languages (corresponding to -slang).
> I might be wrong but I don't have a DVD handy to check myself.
>
> Or you could just use -slang en.

That will not work after the dumpstream, the language information
is stored in DVD-specific structures and -dumpstream will lose that.
And the dumpstream will always copy all, so the option will not be
useful there either.
So in summary I don't think that will help :)