[MPlayer-users] Problem forcing mplayer to use "pulse" hardware.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Apr 6 23:15:28 CEST 2016

On 06.04.2016, at 03:21, George R Goffe <grgoffe-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to force "my" mplayer, compiled from sources, to use my "Pulse" hardware... USB connected head phones. Youtube for example, uses (via Firefox) the head phones just fine but "-ao pulse:::broken_pause" (from the help mplayer) doesn't seem to work.

You really need to provide more detailed information than "doesn't seem to work".
Certainly wouldn't know what you mean by "Pulse hardware".
pulseaudio has per-application settings so it might just be configured differently for MPlayer and the browser (assuming Firefox even uses Pulseaudio, I have some doubts about that).