[MPlayer-users] -vf fixpts=print Bad mp_image usage count

Bill Crockett wsc4 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 13 09:33:14 CEST 2016

Now using r37875 - no difference.

-vf framestep=i,fixpts=print

Using framestep=i got rid of the "Bad mp_image usage count, please report!"
But the PTS still goes out of sync.  At 25 fps, each frame should be
multiples of 40 milliseconds.

I!
PTS: 16.680000
I!
PTS: 16.719999
I!
PTS: 16.760000
I!
PTS: 16.799999
I!
PTS: 16.840000
I!
PTS: 16.879999
I!
PTS: 16.920000
I!
PTS: 16.959999
To get it in sync I have to use fixpts=fps=25

mplayer -vf framestep=i,fixpts=fps=25,fixpts=print test.avi

Starting playback...
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [direct3d] 1024x576 => 1024x576 Planar YV12
I!
PTS: 0.000000
I!
PTS: 0.040000
I!
PTS: 0.080000
I!
PTS: 0.120000
I!
PTS: 0.160000
I!
PTS: 0.200000
I!
PTS: 0.240000
I!
PTS: 0.280000
I use this information to split AVI videos at the exact frame numbers.  In
the past, all I needed was -vf fixpts=print

This bug - if it is a bug - may have started after r34401.  Can it be fixed?