[MPlayer-users] Playback resumes when switching to/from fullscreen

nvx nvx2004 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 18 07:00:21 CEST 2016

2016/07/18 01:10, Peter White <peter.white at posteo.net>:

> Am 17.07.2016 um 20:29 schrieb nvx:
> > Sorry if the following question has already been answered or
> > discussed somewhere but I have not been able to find relevant
> > information either in the documentation or on the web.
>
> Well, it is in the documentation, namely the man page. :)

Thank you, I must have been blind...

> > Every time I switch to/from fullscreen mode by pressing "F" when
> > playback is paused, MPlayer changes the mode accordingly but on
> > top of that it also resumes playback. Why? How do I stop this?
>
> Try -pausing 2 or 4. 4 is most likely what you want but still
> experimental so your mileage may vary. But then, I am currently not
> using the latest version. Maybe it has become stable by now.

It is strange but when I try to run "mplayer -pausing 2 FILE" then the
player complains:

   Unknown option on the command line: -pausing
   Error parsing option on the command line: -pausing

The man page suggests that more information can be found in docs
relevant to the slave mode so I also tried to enable it (via "-slave")
albeit with no luck.

Is it possible that this option not available in v.1.1-4.8?

nvx