[MPlayer-users] pipe /dev/video0 to fifo

Peter Irbizon peterirbizon at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 15:21:46 CEST 2016

> Am 10.06.2016 um 08:46 schrieb Peter Irbizon:
> > Yes, I am getting picture.
>
> Again, I ask you kindly not to top-post. Inline replies are preferred.
> See for example, now I don't know if you are getting picture in
> /general/ or by running the /specific/ command.

I am sorry, now I found out what is top-post. I will try to answer inline.
I am getting picture in general ok.

> Maybe /dev/video0 does not deliver anything? Which is why I asked:
>
> >> What happens if you just run the following?
> >>
> >> $ mplayer tv:///dev/video0
>
> Did you run this command and get a picture? If so, what happens if you
> play out.raw with mplayer itself? Maybe the problem is with omxplayer.

when I run $ mplayer tv:///dev/video0 I get picture ok. And with other
commands like "mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:norm=PAL:device=/dev/video0
-hardframedrop" too.

> Or, for the time being, make it as simple as possible by dumping the
> stream to a regular file instead of a FIFO:
>
> $ mplayer tv:///dev/video0 -dumpstream -dumpfile test_output.raw -endpos 10
>
> This gives you a test_output.raw of about 10 seconds length which
> should be playable by mplayer.

This gives me just 0 byte file and closes mplayer immediatelly.