[MPlayer-users] How to compile mplayer on ARMv8?

Peter Irbizon peterirbizon at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 20:07:16 CEST 2016

Hello, because I didn't find in http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/
deb compilation for ARMv8, I tried to compile mplayer with mencoder on
ARMv8 by myself (RaspberryPi3, Raspbian Jessie - I know there is no
mencoder available for Jessie)
I did it like this:
$ wget http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayer-1.3.0.tar.xz
$ tar xf MPlayer-1.3.0.tar.xz
$ cd MPlayer-1.0rc2
$ ./configure
$ sudo make && sudo make install

I made it via ssh. Then I found out that:
- I can just run mplayer via ssh terminal (only when I run mplayer via ssh
console, video shows on my hdmi monitor)
- just -vo fbdev is working
- -vf crop and -vf pp are not working (mplayer simply does not run)

When I install mplayer from package repo via sudo apt-get install mlpayer,
it works ok (but mencoder is not included, as known).
Any idea what am I doing wrong during my compilation?