[MPlayer-users] play audio in window (gui)

Thomas Keller thomas.keller8001 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 11:37:35 CEST 2016

On 2016-06-13 10:54, Amallric Van Duyke wrote:
> Just open several terminals and play your audio files from them. You do
> need an extra package if you want to use a command-line media player
> (mplayer) as if it was a GUI media player.

the problem I am having is, when I set mplayer as the default audio
player in Gpodder, it plays the audio "in background" (ie as a daemon).
There is no window, and I cannot control the audio playing.

Mplayer has so many configuration parameters. Are you sure there si no
option to tell it to treat audio as if it was video (and open window for
it) ?