[MPlayer-users] mplayer black bars and white borders

Peter Irbizon peterirbizon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 20:45:29 CET 2016

Hello,

I am running mplayer via my python/bash code like this: mplayer tv:// -tv
device=/dev/video0 -hardframedrop -fs -fps 25 but I have black bars (see
red) and white borders (blue rectangle) around my video. *How can I remove
bars/borders and gain whole picture on the whole screen?*

My screen resolution is 720x576 so I have no idea why picture has black
bars and white borders around it and picture is smaller in window. I tried
-zoom, -noborder and -vf crop=720:576:0:0 but whithout any luck.

Here is picture of my problem: http://i.stack.imgur.com/jd8Lv.png

Thanks

Pete