[MPlayer-users] YouTube live streams/HLS

Josh joshf87 at live.com
Sun May 8 22:31:43 CEST 2016

I was wondering if anyone was able to get live YouTube streams to work
in mplayer, at least without piping using program like YouTube-dl?

Getting the real URL isn't the issue (used mostly in SMPlayer, which
will do that then pass it to mplayer). The streams only play for a
approx 5-10 seconds then exit, with messages like:

[tls @ 017575a0]The specified session has been invalidated for some reason.

[https @ 017575a0]HTTP error 403 Forbidden

[hls,applehttp @ 01742220]Failed to reload playlist 0

I'm using GnuTLS 3.3.22. I tried Zeranoe's ffmpeg ffplay and the streams
worked fine. I'm not sure what the configuration difference there is for
say GnuTLS since his site doesn't go too in depth, just that v3.3.22 was
used.

http://mplayerwin.sourceforge.net/logs/mplayer-20160508-1600.log
http://mplayerwin.sourceforge.net/logs/mplayer-20160508-1615.log
http://mplayerwin.sourceforge.net/logs/mplayer-20160508-1624.log