[MPlayer-users] Issue playing opus audio

Илья Валеев ilya-valeev at yandex.ru
Tue Nov 8 03:56:38 EET 2016

Hello!
I'm trying to play opus audio with mplayer. When I open file, mplayer
return this:

> Playing
> file.webm.
>
> [mkv] Unknown/unsupported audio codec ID 'A_OPUS' for track 1 or
> missing/faulty
>
> [mkv] private codec
> data.
>
> [mkv] Track ID 1: audio (A_OPUS), -aid 0, -alang
> eng
>
> [mkv] No video track
> found/wanted.
>
> Detected file format:
> Matroska
>
> No stream found.
> Exiting... (End of file)

If I try to play file with "-ac fflibopus" like this:

>mplayer file.webm -ac fflibopus

mplayer returns this:

> Playing file.webm.
> [mkv] Unknown/unsupported audio codec ID 'A_OPUS' for track 1 or
> missing/faulty
> [mkv] private codec data.
> [mkv] Track ID 1: audio (A_OPUS), -aid 0, -alang eng
> [mkv] No video track found/wanted.
> Detected file format: Matroska
> No stream found.
>

> Exiting... (End of file)

If I try to play file with "-demuxer lavf" like this:

>mplayer file.webm -demuxer lavf

mplayer returns this:
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: demux_open
> - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
>   Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
>   disassembly. Details in
> DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
> - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
>   It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
>   gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
>   DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We
> can't and
>   won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a
> possible bug.

If I add this to config file:

>audiocodec A_OPUS
>  status working
>  fourcc OPUS
>  driver ffmpeg
>  dll fflibopus

or this:

>audiocodec A_OPUS
>  status working
>  driver ffmpeg
>  dll fflibopus

mplayer only returns lines like this one:

>Option audiocodec needs a parameter at line 4

It does not matter for me how to open file: with libopus or with ffmpeg.
Can you tell me please, how to configure system to play opus encoded files?

Debian 8 x64
mplayer2 2.0-728-g2c378c7-4+b1 amd64 from debian repositories
libopus0 1.1-2 amd64 from debian repositories
libavcodec57 7:3.1.4-1~bpo8+1 amd64 from debian repositories
ffmpeg 7:3.1.4-1~bpo8+1 amd64 from debian repositories