[MPlayer-users] MPlayer not playing HTTP video stream for one specific content from the same source

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Jul 3 22:16:46 EEST 2017

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 02:42:51PM +0800, Joel Ng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not actually sure if the format is ES, but it is definitely H264. I am
> using Nvidia Codec SDK to do the encoding. FFmpeg streams it via "...
> -vcodec copy ... -f h264 http://ip:port".
>
> Here is a dropbox link to the dumped file from -dumpstream:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fvukbvwrkpbk9u/stream.dump?dl=0

Ok, so it really is play H264-ES, that is a bit weird and won't
be very reliable.

> Playing the dumped file directly has no issue. Piping the dumped file via
> stdin also has no issue.

I can reproduce the (or at least some) issue piping via stdin...
I haven't checked much, but going by those tests you need to either
use a larger -cache value or explicitly specify the format it should
interpret it as: "-demuxer h264es"