[MPlayer-users] Question: making mplayer run as a windows service

Richard Kuenz richard.kuenz at web.de
Mon May 22 14:52:55 EEST 2017

Sorry for interrupting,
There is a very nice player
for playing audio from terminal command line called cmus.

Paolo,

Thank you for your help.

What I am trying to achieve is a quicker startup from MPlayer (like
right after a re-boot or after MPlayer has sat dormant for a day). I
don't want MPlayer to do anything but play wav files, I do not need it
to play movies, weird DVDs, VHCDs, or any of that. All I need it to do
is play wav files, period. But what happens is that if I re-boot my
machine, or if it sits idle for a while (say 12 hours) and then I call
on it to play a certain wav file, it can take MPlayer up to 30 seconds
to load and play that file. It is especially noticeable after a re-boot.
So, I was wondering if there was some way to get MPlayer to either: 1.)
boot up with support to play ONLY wav files, so that it doesn't load up
all of the fonts, all the other drivers, etc., or 2.) load up from boot
by running as a service in the background so that it doesn't have to
load every time it is called upon, so that it plays the wav file almost
immediately whenever it is called on.

Thanks,
Eric