[MPlayer-users] The software knows better than I do

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at mikusj.com
Sat Sep 30 01:04:48 EEST 2017

I like keeping up with things - so I recompile mpv every month or so.
My previous mpv build (mpv 0.26.0-238-g9cb7f87b86) compiled fine and ran
fine.  But my current mpv build (mpv 0.27.0-83-ge544c3f7b3) compiled
without CUDA support.  When I specified '--keep' to the command and
'--enable-cuda-hwaccel' as an option, the compile (having already spent
time compiling many ffmpeg modules) stopped after its "Checking for ..."
messages, and told me "You manually enabled the feature 'cuda-hwaccel',
but the autodetection check failed."

Given that for more than a year all previous versions of mpv have worked
with the CUDA interface to my system, I *wish* that there was a way for
me to specify "keep compiling", even when the current version's
autodetect thinks I'm asking for the inclusion of useless capability.

[ Ubuntu 17.04;  Nvidia GTX 1060 card; Nvidia 384.90 driver ]

mikus