[MPlayer-users] MPlayer compile failed...

andrew andrew.david.strong at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 01:30:38 EET 2018

I have been unable to compile the most recent svn MPlayer (Friday
February 6th 2018). The final error is:

libavformat/allformats.c:481:10: fatal error: libavformat/muxer_list.c: No such file or directory
 #include "libavformat/muxer_list.c"
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [ffbuild/common.mak:60: libavformat/allformats.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/mplayer/ffmpeg'
make: *** [Makefile:739: ffmpeg/libavformat/libavformat.a] Error 2
root at illium/home/andrew/source/mplayer_build/mplayer#

I have placed a large chunk of the preceding compile output here:

in the hope that wiser heads than mine can see the issue clearly.
This on 64bit slackware current using gcc 7.3.0.

Thanks for looking at this issue,

You think that's air you're breathing now?