[MPlayer-users] MPlayer Required GCC Version

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed May 15 21:29:59 EEST 2019

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 11:39:29AM -0400, Kevan Hashemi wrote:
> This looks like an effort to compile C11 language usage on a GCC that pre-dates GCC 4.7+. Is it possible to compile MPlayer with GCC 4.4.7?

You can modify HAVE_ATOMICS_NATIVE to 0 in either configure
or config.h after configure.
Even better would be to contribute auto-detection
using header_check like for HAVE_POLL_H, then
you wouldn't have to do manual hacking.
Linking against a system/separately compiled FFmpeg
would probably work as well (and I think we
want to move towards that really).

Best regards,
Reimar Döffinger