[MPlayer-users] [Stereo, echo sound effects in MPlayer after upgrade to Big Sur]

Maxim Abalenkov maxim.abalenkov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 11:28:25 EET 2020

Hello Reimar et al.,

Thank you for your reply. The truth is that I’m using a pre-compiled MPlayer distribution from the MacPorts collection. I ran MPlayer in verbose mode (-msglevel all=6) on an mp3 file. Please find it’s output attached in a log file. I believe there is a hint in the following message:

  AO: [coreaudio] Unable to initialize Output Unit component: [D���].

But I don’t fully understand, what does it mean and how to debug it further. Please see another text file attached called “variants.txt”. It lists all available pre-compiled variants of the MPlayer available from the MacPorts collection. I will try to install the SDL variant and see if it changes anything. Thank you for your help!

—
Best wishes,
Maxim

Maxim Abalenkov \\ maxim.abalenkov at gmail.com