[MPlayer-users] can't play av1 codec video

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Mon Nov 29 00:24:48 EET 2021

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [MPlayer-users] can't play av1 codec video
  Date & Time: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 13:27:41 -0700

[S] == stan <kasp at vfemail.net> has written:

S>  On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 12:00:56 +0900
S>  Masaru Nomiya <nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp> wrote:

S>  > Hello,
S>  >
S>  > I tried to play av1 codec file, but no video;

S>  [snip]

S>  > I tested with the file which I got from;
S>  >
S>  >   https://youtu.be/feSVtC1BSeQ
S>  >
S>  > But, vlc, ffplay, xine-lib, and kodi can play this flawlessly,
S>  >
S>  > Any idea?

S>  No solution or idea.  But, I can confirm this.  Audio worked after some
S>  initial confusion.  I compiled the latest mplayer version from svn, with
S>  ffmpeg updated as well.

S>  MPlayer SVN-r38326-11 (C) 2000-2021 MPlayer Team

S>  Playing Elvis_Presley_Jailhouse_Rock.mp4.  <------  from youtube
[...]

Thanks.

You are using the NVIDIA's video driver, aren't you?

Mine is;

  NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-495.44.run

Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡 Masaru Nomiya             mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛ "Three young men died for Rationalization.
           Yet, Margaret Bloody Thatcher LIVES!"
                                            'Brassed Off'