[MPlayer-users] Compile error "#STR " does not fit into IdStrMap.str\n"

max muster steyding at yahoo.de
Fri Jul 19 13:07:54 EEST 2024

 Hi,
OK, i will give it a try.

    Am Mittwoch, 17. Juli 2024 um 03:44:13 MESZ hat Masaru Nomiya <nomiya at lake.dti.ne.jp> Folgendes geschrieben:

 Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [MPlayer-users] Compile error "#STR " does not fit into IdStrMap.str\n"
  Date & Time: Tue, 16 Jul 2024 19:14:31 +0000 (UTC)

[MM] == max muster <steyding-at-yahoo.de at ffmpeg.org> has written:

MM>  Hello,
MM>  i use GCC 10.x

Briefly, open source is developed with consideration of gcc used for
building.
Currently, the mainstream of open source development is to develop
with gcc 12 in mind, and ffmpeg is no exception. When you try to build
with gcc 10, you get a gcc macro error when building ffmpeg, just like
you did.

So the solution is to install gcc 12 and build MPlayer.

PS.

I was able to build MPlayer again today with no problems.

Best Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡  Masaru Nomiya                    mail-to: nomiya @ lake.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛  "Distinguish between what is meaningful to me and what is meaningless,
      and forget what is meaningless to me. This is where individuality comes
      into play. This is a function that computer cannot perform."

                                            -- Shigehiko Toyama (in Japanes) --