[MPlayer-users] Compile error "#STR " does not fit into IdStrMap.str\n"

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at lake.dti.ne.jp
Sat Jul 20 11:44:55 EEST 2024

Hello,

Sorry for late reply.

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [MPlayer-users] Compile error "#STR " does not fit into IdStrMap.str\n"
  Date & Time: Fri, 19 Jul 2024 20:12:16 +0200

[RD] == Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> has written:

RD>  > On 19 Jul 2024, at 12:07, max muster <steyding-at-yahoo.de at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
[...]
MN> > So the solution is to install gcc 12 and build MPlayer.

MN> > PS.

MN> > I was able to build MPlayer again today with no problems.

RD>  Hi!
RD>  According to this I don't think it is a compiler issue:
RD>  https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/C11Status
RD>  it needs glibc 2.16.
RD>  But you could do something like adding
RD>  -Dstatic_assert=_Static_assert
RD>  to the compiler command-line (if this is indeed the issue).

Thanks.

Definitely, I could build with gcc 10 under glibc 2.39.
ffmpeg, as well.

Sorry for misleading.

I must check gcc dependencies...

Best Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡  Masaru Nomiya                       mail-to: nomiya @ lake.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛	"Microsoft is overhauling its cybersecurity strategy, called the
		Secure Future Initiative, to incorporate key security features
		into its core set of technology platforms and cloud services. "

-- Microsoft overhauls cyber strategy to finally embrace security by default --