[NUT-devel] Re: The codecs which have no fourcc in AVI

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com
Sun Jul 16 00:20:26 CEST 2006

Hi

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> [...]
>
> a few random notes ...
> * people dont contact microsoft/iso/apple to register their ids or
>   did anyone? i dunno ...
> * thouse who will attempt to store codec X in nut for the first time
>   will likely not be the ones who designed the codec and they will very
>   likely not have read the nut spec and as such will not know how to
>   select a codec id -> they will not contact us

I would say pick AVI first, then MOV (QDM2, ALAC, QCLP, AMR) and then
decide on a fourcc. I would say write a paper mentioning TEH fourcc for
each codec and stick with that fourcc not matter what.

Registering could be done by sending a mail to that mailing list.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312