[NUT-devel] r19110 - trunk/DOCS/tech/nut.txt

Måns Rullgård mru at inprovide.com
Mon Jul 17 00:36:38 CEST 2006

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

> Hi
>
> On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 04:03:45PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> Hi

>> > Hmm... I've never heard of MPEG1/2 stored with OOB data.  Have I been
>> > looking in the wrong places?
>>
>> no, ive never heard of it either ...
>
> see: http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/codecs.pdf
>
> matroska specifies how to put mpeg1/2 seq headers out of band ...

Oh no... That is only asking for trouble.  ISO 13818-2 requires them
to be inband, and all decoders will be expecting them there anyway.

A container should never do things that directly violates the specs of
a codec.  However stupidly designed a codec is, attempting to "fix" it
at the container level is more stupid.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru at inprovide.com