[NUT-devel] Re: r19126 - trunk/DOCS/tech/nut.txt

Måns Rullgård mru at inprovide.com
Mon Jul 17 03:19:05 CEST 2006

Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com> writes:

> Måns Rullgård wrote:
>> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
>>
>>> Hi

>>> agree, but we should still mention that its 0 0 0 1 + NAL as not
>>> every reader of nut.txt will have (or want) every spec of every
>>> codec ...
>>
>> Fine by me.  I just want the proper reference included for those that
>> do have the document.
>>

> Actually, some NALs (PPS, SPS ?) can start with 00 00 01 IIRC.

Actually, it's the opposite.  Quote from the spec:

  When any of the following conditions are fulfilled, the zero_byte
  syntax element shall be present.

  - the nal_unit_type within the nal_unit( ) is equal to 7 (sequence
    parameter set) or 8 (picture parameter set)
  - the byte stream NAL unit syntax structure contains the first NAL
    unit of an access unit in decoding order, as specified by subclause
    7.4.1.2.3.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru at inprovide.com