[NUT-devel] r19110 - trunk/DOCS/tech/nut.txt

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 18 05:17:37 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 10:39:08PM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

> >> I don't think there is place for discussion. Always use nut style.
> >
> >No, read my post about the intent...
> >The demuxer has nothing to do with parsing this information. It's part
> >of the codec layer. If it were part of the demuxer layer, we would
>
> If that was true then what is this commit doing in nut.txt?
[..]

> Michael,
> You say that if somebody objects you will revert this. I don't think
> that agreement would need 22 mails in comments.
> So please revert and get it back to drawing board.

I say just revert but make a codec documents giving details about several
codecs in nut where the wrapping isn't obvious (like vorbis).

Ivan, vorbis doesn't expect 3 extradata according to the spec, it expect
the first 3 audio packet to be the headers. I think this is insane enough
that it allows us to break their spec instead of ours.

- ods15