[NUT-devel] Re: r19110 - trunk/DOCS/tech/nut.txt

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Jul 18 20:50:01 CEST 2006

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 01:37:53PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> > They (and others)
>
> Which others? You have provided no examples. H.264 does not count
> because they already have startcodes separating the parts.

I'd like to add on top of that, that a NUT framework for multiple
headers would greatly _complicate_ the question of how to store sane
formats like H.264. Do you store them all as one block separated by
the startcodes? Or in N different blocks? If storing them in N
different blocks, do you keep the startcodes or strip them??

See how nasty this all gets? Just having one format, the single binary
block with a spec for what goes in it, eliminates all the ambiguity
and complexity.

Rich