[NUT-devel] Codec id - random notes

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Jun 29 11:14:23 CEST 2006

Hi

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 09:47:05AM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
[...]
> So if there is no sane system we should at least _try_ to invent one.

we? you want it, you would have to do all the work and maintain it until
you find someone else to take over maintainership

until now noone has done any work toward a new id system so for me the
case is closed, the system will be avi-fourcc based, if you want something
else you can still invent and propose another system
noone will promisse that any of it will be used, decissions are made
on technical terms, that was always the case
when i, oded or rich suggested something and it turned out bad it was
discarded too

[...]