[NUT-devel] NUT?

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 09:46:10 CET 2006

Hello Rich,

On 10/27/06, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 01:05:58PM -0700, Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was doing some reading and came across NUT.
> >
> > I was wondering if I could get more info about NUT.
> >

> > (I am familiar with Ogg and becoming familiar with Matroska, so perhaps
> > can ask a question in terms of those.  So that I can understand NUT
> too.)
> >
> > I understand that the Ogg team and Matroska team had different design
> > goals.  (The Ogg team seems to hold "streaming" as their design
> goal.  Where
>
> The Ogg team's claim of streaming is purely proaganda. The Ogg format
> is not "streamable" in the sense that you have to buffer large chunks
> before you can write them, or else have HUGE overhead.

This probably shows my ignorance in the area but... if you have the
inclination to put up with what probably seem like a "basic" questions....
What are Ogg's problems with streaming?  And how does NUT fix this problem?

(I by no means consider myself an expert in this area.  So I'd really
appreciate any answer to this as it would help me educate myself on in this
area.)

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.