[NUT-devel] NUT?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Nov 6 13:55:58 CET 2006

Hi

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 01:30:45PM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>

> > also nut is sufficiently extendible so that we can always add crcs
> > on frames later without breaking compatibility with old decoders
> >

> Paranoids could just add an application stream with error
> detection/recovery codes.

yes though i think they would rather put the md5 in the filename

and if theres a good reason for crcs on frames we should either
add them into syncpoints or the framecodes (both can be done without
breaking old demuxers), the user of course cannot do either with the
current spec as messing with reserverd fields is forbidden, so he
would be limited to a application stream as you say ...

[...]