[NUT-devel] typo?

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Sun Nov 26 13:49:30 CET 2006

On Sunday 26 November 2006 13:00, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 02:17:35PM +0100, Ivo wrote:
> >         }else if (value<-4){
> >             type= "r"
> >             value.den= -value-4
> >             value.num                   s
> >         }else{
> >
> > I suppose that should be "value.nom" ?
>
> no, NUMerator/DENOMinator is correct, and the spec is full of these
> num vs. nom typos

I see. I suppose it depends on personal preference, as nominator/denominator
is also fairly common on the web. But I am neither a mathematician, nor a
native English speaker, so it could also be very wrong to call a numerator
a nominator. It seems though that numerator is the preferred name. So,
shall I change all occurrences of nom/denom to num/denom in the spec?

--Ivo