[NUT-devel] reserved bytes

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Tue Nov 28 18:44:18 CET 2006

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 14:41, Oded Shimon wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 02:17:49AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 01:03:25AM +0100, Ivo wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I stumbled upon the following:
> > >
> > > packet_footer
> > >     reserved_bytes
> > >     checksum                            u(32)
> > >     [Note: in index packet, reserved_bytes comes before index_ptr]
> > >
> > > Wouldn't it be cleaner and easier to understand to just move
> > > reserved_bytes to the end of each header? Like:
> >
> > maybe and no objections, i suggest you wait 24h and if noone objects
> > then commit it
>
> Just one thing - reserved_bytes also applies for _unkown_ packets -
> see reserved_headers.

Yes. It's my intention to move reserved_bytes out of the footer for all
packets, including those that are unknown at this moment. The lay-out of
each packet (known and unknown) will be uniform this way. I'll place an
extra reserved bytes between header and footer under reserved_headers.
Thanks for mentioning that. I might have overlooked it otherwise :)

--Ivo