[NUT-devel] header packing for xiph codecs

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Tue May 8 07:27:35 CEST 2007

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> PS: as a quite off topic note, IMO RTP should be more generic and not
> require a new RFC for every codec (this is shitty design IMHO)

I'm trying to make at least vorbis and theora consistent and pretty much
 the same beside what you store in the sdp (video vs audio info),
hopefully dirac would fit into the framework too.

> if it where just for things like the header packing that would be
> understandable, but looking at for example the 200kb of text needed
> to describe h.264-rtp i feel the urge to vomit, 200kb should be enough
> to describe a RTP like protocol which supports all current and future
> mpeg and h.26x codecs and propriatery variants

h264 it the easiest rtp packetizer I read since mpegaudio, go figure...

lu - mpeg4 is the real joy...

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC