[NUT-devel] new NUT repository

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue May 8 11:46:48 CEST 2007

Hi

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 11:17:31AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 02:48:19PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 08:36:38PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > > I've created a new NUT repository that contains the old NUT repository
> > > and the specification files (oggless-xiph-codecs.txt, nut.txt, mpcf.txt,
> > > mncf.txt) each in a separate directory.
> > >
> > > svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/nut.merged/
> > > http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/nut.merged/
> > >
> > > Make sure it works as expected.  If it does we can do away with the old
> > > one and remove the specification files from the MPlayer repository.
> >
> > Oded is happy with the repository, nobody else complained.  So if there
> > are no further objections, I will remove the files from the MPlayer
> > repository after the weekend.
>
> Files removed.
>
> I'm hearing no complaints about the new repository, Oded said he was
> happy.  Unless I hear protests I will remove the old one and rename the
> new one to 'nut' by the end of the week.
>
> While we're at it..  There are only two committers (Oded and Alex) for
> the NUT repository.  Is that on purpose or should the usual MPlayer or
> FFmpeg crowd be allowed to commit?

well i guess i as main author of the nut spec should have commit access to
it at minimum
also i think "everyone" should have commit access ...

btw, i really think these svn repo moves and changes shouldnt be done at all
now, simply becasue they cause work for everyone and svn (at least all repos
where iam maintainer) will be changed to git (or less likely mercurial)
IMO svn has reached the end of its usefullness ...

[...]

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be. -- Socrates