[NUT-devel] new NUT repository

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue May 8 19:43:55 CEST 2007

Hi

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 07:08:34AM -0700, Ralph Giles wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 11:46:48AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> > btw, i really think these svn repo moves and changes shouldnt be done at all
>
> It's also been my experience that having separate svn repositories
> causes pain later on. Since svn doesn't have built in support for
> distributed merges, you can't put things back together again without
> breaking either version number references or revision lookup by date.

yes, svn sucks

> So you need to be really sure the projects are completely separate.

yes

> You've also broken all the links to xiph-oggless out there.

ive added some short text in its place to point to the new one
does that help? or do you have another suggestion how to fix it
personally id revert the whole move, though iam not sure what the other
developers think about that ...

[...]

Its not that you shouldnt use gotos but rather that you should write
readable code and code with gotos often but not always is less readable