[NUT-devel] [nut]: r615 - docs/nut4cc.txt

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Feb 18 20:02:00 CET 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 09:39:39AM -0700, Loren Merritt wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, cladisch wrote:
>
> > Log:
> > clarify which of the MPEG-4 video codecs is meant
> >
> > -MP4V    ISO MPEG4 Video
> > +MP4V    ISO MPEG4 Part 2 Video
>
> Does this mean ISO MPEG4 Part 2 Advanced Simple Profile? Or are all
> profiles allowed and the rest just probably not supported by any given
> implementation?

I would say all are allowed, simply because the alternative is more work
than any volunteer here is likely going to do. We already lacked one just
writing this list ...
Also this problem would apply to mpeg1/2 h264, h263, ... as well.

[...]

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities
are wrong. -- Voltaire