[Ffmpeg-devel] how about using posix_memalign?

D Richard Felker III dalias
Mon Apr 11 16:41:07 CEST 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 03:47:04PM +0200, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Wolfram Gloger wrote:
> > > Free() on memalign'ed memory gives problems at least on Linux, see the
> > > GNOME bugzilla report in my original email.
> >
> > That was with valgrind only, AFAICS.  free() on memalign()ed memory
> > works just fine on Linux, at least since 1995 and probably even
> > before.
>
> That's fine, since I use valgrind a lot (for me, it's a cheap and
> acceptable memory/call profiler and memory debugger). Anyway, I don't care
> enough; disregard the patch if you don't care about this.
>
> The automatic next step is that ffmpeg has never been valgrinded; that
> worries me a bit.

I see the developers talking about bugs they found with valgrind all
the time. Again, IF YOU CLAIM MEMALIGN IS BROKEN, then tell us EXACTLY
what libc/valgrind/etc. versions you are using. Because no one else
has had trouble, as far as I know.

Rich