[Ffmpeg-devel] [ bug ] converting png to dv gives solid black

Mike Melanson mike
Tue Mar 14 23:07:08 CET 2006

Erik Slagter wrote:
>>Oh yes, anything other than RF and composite is rare in NTSC-land.
>

> Ouch, you're kidding me!? Do American viewers not care at all about
> picture quality?

	For the most part, if the consumers perceive a technology as being
"good enough", they don't care about spending a lot of money to upgrade.
When the old TVs finally give out and it is time to buy a new TV and the
default, low-end option is an HDTV, maybe then we'll see wider adoption.

	I can't wait to see the industry try to push the next-generation of
optical media (HD-DVD and Blu-Ray).

--
	-Mike Melanson