[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Split libavformat

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Nov 21 16:12:37 CET 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 01:40:21PM +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Luca Abeni wrote:
>> Hi Diego,
>> thanks for the review. I am quite busy at work right now, but tomorrow
>> I'll fix my patches according to it.
>
> Here are a first part of the patches:
> - isolate_os_support.diff comes before all the other patches. I think it
>   can be applied even if the following patches still need work

apply!

> - I updated create_libavgrab.diff according to the review. But I do not
>   know if I got the configure part right... It seems to work, but I am
>   not sure if I did the correct thing.
>
> I did not put any copyright on alldevices.c, because even looking at svn
> log
> and/or svn annotate on libavformat/allformats.c I cannot understand who the
> copyright holder should be...

forget the copyrights and licenses, diego will change them monthly anyway :)

[...]

[Makefile/configure which i dont maintain ...]

[...]

> +#define LIBAVDEVICE_IDENT       "Lavd" AV_STRINGIFY(LIBAVDEVICE_VERSION)

unused, please remove

[...]
> +/**
> + * Initialize libavdevice and register all the (de)muxers.
> + */
> +void avdevice_register_all(void)
> +{
> +    static int inited;
> +
> +    if (inited)
> +        return;
> +    inited = 1;

you should at the very least mention that this is not thread safe in the
comment

also doxy should be in the public header preferably instead of teh c file

If you really think that XML is the answer, then you definitly missunderstood
the question -- Attila Kinali