[FFmpeg-devel] Reduce the size of AVRtpPayloadTypes

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Mar 27 12:06:11 CET 2008

Hi all,

I cannot understand why the AVRtpPayloadTypes[] table in libaformat/rtp.c
contains all those "Reserved", "reserved", "unassigned", "reserved for
RTCP conflict avoidance", or "dynamic" entries. They are (IMHO) unneeded,
and their only effect is to increase the code and object size.

So, this patch removes all the unneeded entries from
libavformat/rtp.c:AVRtpPayloadTypes[]. I tested it, and it does not seem
to cause any problem.

Since I am touching such table, I also changed "const char enc_name[50];"
to "const char *enc_name;" (I believe this change is ok, and it removes
the arbitrary "50" size). I'll commit this change separately.

I'll commit the patch next Monday unless someone disagrees.

			Thanks,
				Luca