[FFmpeg-devel] GSOC 2012

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 11:30:22 CET 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 02:24:07AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi comrades
>
> We have a GSOC page on the multimedia wiki:
> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_of_Code_2012
>
> This page should list projects paired with mentors (1st tier projects)
> now several people have volunteered to mentor but i dont see them on
> the page.
> The quality of this page is AFAIK what google uses to decide if we
> will be part of this years SOC. So please get off your asses and add
> some entries. libav has 10 we have 2 and i could name at least 5
> people who volunteerd so why are there just 2 entries?
> Also keep in mind you will get a T shirt & 500 USD from google if you
> mentor something IIRC
>
> If someone needs an account on the multimedia wiki, mail mike melanson
> or reply with what you want added and someone with an account will
> add it for you.
>
> baptiste, there sure is something that ffmbc&ffmpeg would need that
> you could mentor
>
> arpi, alex, aurel, av500, carl, beastd, fenrir, funman, hendrik, ivan,
> kieran, luca, pasteeater, pross, philip, mbradshaw, nicolas,
> takis, vitor, ...
> any mentoring interrest ?
>
> cus, want to mentor something ffplay related ?
>
> gwenole, want to mentor something hwaccel related ?
>
> kyle, anything related to mingw-ffmpeg that you might want to mentor ?
>
> roman, somthing dv related maybe you would want to mentor ?
>
> ubitux, do you want to mentor some subtitle stuff ?

I don't know myself how things should be done on that matter yet, so I'm
out, at least for this year.

Still, I'm of course available to make some reviews when I'm able to; for
instance I may help on a MicroDVD decoder (which would be welcome), and
maybe some other formats. Unfortunately at the moment what is (IMO) really
needed is an integration in lavfi (which I'm somehow already working on,
even though some help is still welcome).

Clément B.