[FFmpeg-devel] GSOC 2012

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun Mar 11 12:13:36 CET 2012

Le duodi 22 ventôse, an CCXX, Michael Niedermayer a écrit :
> arpi, alex, aurel, av500, carl, beastd, fenrir, funman, hendrik, ivan,
> kieran, luca, pasteeater, pross, philip, mbradshaw, nicolas,
> takis, vitor, ...
> any mentoring interrest ?

Same as others have already answered: I do not feel confident enough to
mentor.

I can suggest some tasks, OTOH. Probably small qualification tasks, but that
is already something:

- Speex-over-RTP (I have started something last summer but never finished
  it).

- Vobsub muxer (and possibly demuxer): apart from dvdnav, this is the main
  feature that mencoder has and ffmpeg does not (I have also started and not
  finished last summer).

- Some statistics pseudo-format or lavfi sink, and good presets for the most
  common and hard-to-tweak codecs.

- Support for Fontconfig in drawtext.

- Concat / interleave video and/or audio filter.

- YUV444P support for hqdn3d.

Some of the ideas were taken from my TODO list, which means I am still
actively interested in them and makes me somewhat uncomfortable: if my
motivation for an item rises, I do not want to skip the occasion, but I
would also hate to pull the rug under a candidate's feet.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George