[FFmpeg-devel] Stream with Closed caption does not set appropriate flag

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sun Mar 9 00:18:05 CET 2014

Le sextidi 16 ventôse, an CCXXII, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> Because we cannot currently extract it, and in general extracting CC
> data as a separate stream is problematic since it is designed to be
> reordered by the video decoder along with the image.
> It's of course solvable but a bit of an effort.

It was discussed during the last VDD: if the extraction is done by the
decoder and the resulting captions attached to the frame as meta- or
side-data, then the reordering is automatically done by the video
processing.

Of course, that does not fit well in the protocol/demuxer/decoder stack
model, but it is better than nothing, and I can see ways of making it
actually useful for common tasks.

And if someone devises a way of making it work at the demuxer level, at
least the decoding code would already be written.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George