[FFmpeg-devel] IRC meeting

compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Sat Jun 4 04:19:29 CEST 2016

On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 21:13:09 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 08:32:51PM +0200, Christophe Gisquet wrote:
> i want some assistent to help with dayly server admin duties
> most root admins we have help and contribute but are often busy
> raz recently set up a full backup system for us, someone seems
> helping with security updates as iam not always the first doing them
> (i think its lou but didnt check) and all kinds of other things ...
>
> what would be really nice would be someone who has some time and for
> whom server admining is a fun thing to do,
> someone who would do it "because it needs to be done" would be 2nd
> choice IMHO

i am against using github, but am for using vlc admins if we vote that
way.

i think i may take back my offer to admin. i was more offering to help
michael with $random admin tasks.

but i dont think i can dedicate much time to it, sorry :(

> [...]
> > SIX)
> > > May 28 19:32:58 <jamrial>       since cehoyos is here, we could
> > > maybe talk about his behavior and why the CoC and repercussions
> > > for violating it was introduced to begin with May 28 21:51:31
> > > <BBB>   is there anything concrete we’re going to do w.r.t. derek
> > > and carl? May 28 21:59:52 <kierank>       So Derek and carl? May
> > > 28 22:26:54 <nevcairiel>    its too late now, and we need to
> > > handle the situation at hand May 28 22:28:24 <kurosu_>
> > > nevcairiel, do you want a vote here and now, to what effect? May
> > > 28 22:31:09 <BBB>   I agree that a vote on the ML would be better
> > > to give people that fell asleep here the chance to participate
> > > also May 28 22:34:59 <kurosu_>       It's late here. I'm ok for a
> > > vote also, just not sure what kind of offense it would be
> >
> > And the big, flashy pink, elephant in the room:
> > Action: draft a vote on the repercussions to Carl Eugen Hoyos
> > behaviours (patch submission, general interaction with others)
> > Note, I don't have a strong idea on what it may contain (option of
> > temp/week/perma ban, warning, removal of some rights, etc).
>
> iam not suggesting anything specific but there is one thing that i
> think i have not seen talked about and that is moderation. Mailman
> supports moderating individual subscribers.
>
> It might be along the lines of
> If one repeatly and conciously violates the CoC and no real solution
> can be found, he can be given the choice by the mailman admins to
> either promise to attempt not to repeat the violation
> or to be moderated until an event occurs that changes the situation
> or some timeout.
> The insulted person should have the option to veto this at any time so
> if one feels that it wasnt enough to justify the inconvenience the
> "hurt" party should be able to stop this.
> This would have to be combined with something effective for IRC and
> possibly git, in case issues shift there too

i like the idea of moderating certain members, when they start in with
insults. assuming we vote in the CoC...

i personally enjoy free speech to insult everyone but , democracy :P

-compn