[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch][libavformat][mpegtsenc.c]

Marton Balint cus at passwd.hu
Wed Jun 3 23:36:49 EEST 2020

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020, stephen douglas wrote:

> This is my first post so I apologise in advance if I havegot anything
> wrong. The FAQ for bug reports say this is the correct place topost a
> patch that solved my problem, not raise a bug report and attach
> thepatch.
>
> I am using libav to generate video files for the HDR-FOX T2.This PVR
> wants a transport stream with the m2ts header but the DVB
> streamnumbering.

The packet header and the stream types are not the only difference between
normal mode and m2ts mode. Before moving forward you should examine more
closely if the stream is a DVB stream or a HDMV stream or some mix? You
may also open an enhancement ticket and upload a sample there.

> I have produced a version of mpegtsenc.c that allows
> the packet size(188/192 bytes) and the stream type numbering (DVB/mt2s)
> to be controlled separatelyby a libav user.
>
> I wish my patch to be considered for inclusion

Before that we should understand the requirements exactly. Some advice for
the future:
- always post patches against the latest git master
- your patch should not change existing behaviour of the -m2ts_mode
option.
- it should include documentation
- preferably it should be generated using git format-patch with commit
message and authorship info.

Regards,
Marton