[FFmpeg-devel] Patchwork FATE Errors

Andreas Rheinhardt andreas.rheinhardt at outlook.com
Fri Jan 21 00:37:35 EET 2022

Soft Works:

Instead of pragmas one should limit the volatile to those compilers
which miscompile the code without them.
(IMO one does not need to find the exact set of compilers that
miscompile this; all that matters is that recent versions don't give
warnings and old versions don't miscompile. If some compilers of medium
age still show this warning afterwards without needing the volatile, so
be it.)

- Andreas